2017 Q1 PIPEs Market Eclipses Last Year’s First Quarter
Late last month, The Deal issued its quarterly PIPE league tables revealing that 2017’s first quarter outperformed last year’s first quarter.
According to the report, deals were up nearly 75% from the previous year to 367, while dollars raised were up almost 70% to $21.3 billion. Data is sourced from PrivateRaise, a service of The Deal, which tracks PIPEs that raise at least $1 million.
Some highlights from the report:
– Q1 2017 PIPEs deals were up nearly 75% from the same time last year
– More than $21 billion raised in first quarter
– H.C. Wainwright & Co. was the top-ranked placement agent in the first quarter by number of placements, with 30 deals for the quarter. Roth Capital Partners LLC and Maxim Group LLC ranked second, with 11. Cowen and Company LLC ranked fourth, with 10 placements.
– Cooley LLP was the top-ranked issuer legal counsel with 14 placements advised. Vinson & Elkins LLP came in second with nine. Latham & Watkins LLP, Hogan Lovells, and DLA Piper tied for third with eight placements advised.
– Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP was the top-ranked investor legal counsel, with nine placements advised. Latham & Watkins LLP came in second with five. Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, Lowenstein Sandler LLP, and Grushko & Mittman PC tied for third, with three placements advised.
Learn more HERE.