OTCQB & OTCQX Issuers Will Soon Be Required to Use Verified Transfer Agents
In August, OTC Markets announced that five additional transfer agents joined their Transfer Agent Verified Shares Program.
Twenty-five transfer agents, representing 91% of US companies trading on the OTCQX and OTCQB, are now included among a distinguished roster of leading transfer agents that are working with OTC Markets Group to create better informed and more efficient financial markets by participating in the Transfer Agent Verified Shares Program.
OTC Markets also announced that, effective January 1, 2019, OTC Markets Group plans to require all US companies trading on the OTCQX and OTCQB Markets to provide verified share data through a transfer agent who participates in the Transfer Agent Verified Share Program.
Because 91% of US companies trading on the OTCQX and OTCQB are already represented by a transfer agent participating in the program, most issuers are already in compliance with the new proposed rules.
The following steps will help you determine if your company is compliant:
– If your company profile on otcmarkets.com displays a “Verified by Transfer Agent” logo, then your company is already compliant with the proposed rule.
– If there is no logo displayed, but your transfer agent’s name is on the list of participating transfer agents, then you may contact your transfer agent to request that they send your company’s data to OTC Markets Group.
– If your transfer agent is not on the list of participating transfer agents or the list of those in the process of onboarding, then you may contact your transfer agent to discuss their plans to participate. Alternatively, you may also contact Cecilia Schoenbaum <email@example.com> (212) 220-1964 at OTC Markets Group for further guidance.
Participating Transfer Agents (a/o 9-20-2018):
- Action Stock Transfer
- AST – American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC
- Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc.
- ClearTrust, LLC
- Colonial Stock Transfer Co. Inc.
- Computershare US
- Continental Stock Transfer & Trust Company
- Corporate Stock Transfer
- Direct Transfer LLC
- Empire Stock Transfer
- Equity Stock Transfer
- Island Stock Transfer
- Manhattan Transfer Registrar Co.
- Mountain Share Transfer
- National Issuer Services, Inc
- Nevada Agency and Transfer Company
- New Horizon Transfer Inc.
- Olde Monmouth Stock Transfer
- OTR, Inc.
- Pacific Stock Transfer
- Securities Transfer Corporation
- Transfer Online, Inc.
- VStock Transfer
- West Coast Stock Transfer, Inc.
- Worldwide Stock Transfer, LLC
Transfer Agents in the Onboarding Process:
- Capital Transfer Agency
- EQ Shareowner Services
- Globex Transfer, LLC
- Philadelphia Stock Transfer
- Signature Stock Transfer
- Standard Registrar & Transfer Co., Inc.
- TranShare Corp
Learn more HERE.