2018 OTC Markets Trading Statistics and Highlights
2018 was a big year for OTC Markets Group. The group particularly made some big strides when it comes to compliance and regulation, two things that the company has long been focused on.
Trading volume also increase for the OTCQX, QB, and PINK markets during a year that some thought was the beginning of the end for the small cap market. In 2018, the total dollar volume of OTCQX, OTCQB and Pink securities actually increased 52% from 2017 to $375.2 billion.
OTCQB volume increased from $22,696 million in 2017 to $24,846 million in 2018. Pink Current volume increased from $163,269 million in 2017 to $281,136 million in 2018.
2018 OTC Markets Highlights:
- Total dollar volume of OTCQX®, OTCQB® and Pink® securities was $375.2 billion compared to $246.7 billion in 2017.
- Dollar volume of OTCQX, OTCQB and Pink companies that provide current information to investors was $369.2 billion, representing 98% of total dollar volume across all markets and demonstrating continued progress in using data-driven standards to incentivize OTC issuer disclosure for investors and brokers.
- Seventy companies graduated from the OTC markets to a national stock exchange, 45 of which came from the OTCQX and OTCQB markets. 58 of the graduates where smallcaps or microcaps.
- Built on the Launch of OTC Link ECN, gaining traction with new subscribers and increasing market share
- Introduced new OTC Compliance Analytics Data points including Stock Promotion, Shell Risk and “Hot Sector” information
- Launched Small Cap Listed Compliance product which focuses on sub $500 million market cap exchange-listed issuers
- Expanded the Transfer Agent Verified Shares Program with 36 SEC registered transfer agents participating in the program and providing investors with current share information on over 94% of domestic OTCQX® and OTCQB® companies
- Continued Focus on Regulatory Initiatives; Blue Sky Exemptions gain momentum with disclosure standards recognized by a growing majority of states: OTCQX exempt in 33 states under Blue Sky secondary trading rules; OTCQB exempt in 30 states
- OTC Markets Group Named to Crain’s 2018 List of the Best Places to Work in New York City
Learn more HERE.