Dos And Don’ts For SmallCap Reverse Mergers
John Lowy shared his Dos and Donts for smallcap reverse mergers in a recent issue of MicroCap Review Magazine.
According to Lowy; “going public isn’t for the faint of heart. So, before a private company embarks upon this route, the following not all-inclusive list of Dos and Don’ts should be considered carefully.”
Reverse Mergers Dos:
- Do retain experienced attorneys
- Do engage experienced, PCAOB-registered accountants
- Do try to hire a CEO and a CFO with previous public company experience
- Do carefully check the backgrounds of the people you are dealing with on the public company side
- Do retain a reputable Investor Relations firm
- Do prepare and disseminate, as widely and as often as possible, news/announcements about the company
Reverse Merger Don’ts:
- Don’t go into the reverse merger process blindly
- Don’t think that going public via reverse merger is a “get rich quick” deal
- Don’t ignore your shareholders
Read the entire article in the Spring 2019 issue of MicroCap Review.